Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thank you for staying

So okay, this is probably one of the best ways to begin a year. 
I have this friend ( I actually do have friends... Who would have thought that?) and she has not been well for some time. Not well at all. So the night to the new year, she almost took her life. Just almost. 

It was well planed and all was set up. I don't know what thoughts flashed through her brain at that moment. I imagine that you don't think a whole lot at a time like this. I would believe you rather feel than think. 

Now, she didn't make the final leap to whatever other side there might be. It was as if someone let go and she could finally move and think freely. 
I wonder what it is like to realize that your life will keep on going. With you still in it. I wonder what it is like to have made the decision of not coming back, packed your stuff and then, at the very doorstep, realize that there is no need to take that journey yet.

What I do know, though, is the feeling of realizing that someone who you almost thought was gone, decides to stay for yet some time. 

Thank you for staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment